With spring approaching, this dish highlights both of the exceptional quality and flavor of Okanagan Select Sockeye Salmon as well as the fresh and simple flavours associated with spring. Both of the Charred Carrot puree and the arugula pesto can be stored in the fridge and used in multiple applications depending upon your taste.
Casino New ♦ Nouveau – Brunswick
Cast Iron Roasted Salmon
- 5 ounces Pieces Okanagon Select Sockeye Salmon
- 14 ounces Fingerling Potatoes-Lightly Steamed and Cut in ½
- 4 ounces Whole Butter
- Italian Parsley Chiffonade
- 8 ounces Charred Carrot Puree
- 2 ounces Fresh Orange Juice
- 12 Jumbo Green Asparagus with Peeled Stems-Blanched
- 60 milliliters Arugula Pesto
- 250 grams Baby Arugula
- 3 Cloves Peeled Garlic
- 100 milliliters Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 30 grams Grated Parmesan Cheese
Charred Carrot Puree
- 250 grams Carrots-cut in half lengthwise
- 150 grams Red Pepper
- 40 grams Butter
- -Cook the Salmon over Medium heat for 3-4 min on each side or until cooked to your preference. Set aside and keep warm.
- -Heat the fingerling potatoes and blanched asparagus with 2 oz of the whole butter, season and toss with the parsley chiffonade.
- - Heat the carrot puree with the Orange juice, season and add the remaining 2 oz of butter and stir until incorporated.
- Place the fingerling potatoes down as a base and top with your asparagus and salmon fillet. Dress the plate with the charred carrot emulsion and top the salmon with the arugula pesto, garnish with local seedlings and enjoy!
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper, cover and set aside.
Charred Carrot Puree
- Place the carrot halves either on the BBQ or under your Broiler until they are slightly charred but not Burn’t.
- -Place the charred carrots, red pepper and butter in a sauce pan, cover with water, bring up to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Strain the mixture and puree until smooth, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid to adjust the consistency as needed. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until needed.